Sales Associate and Temporary Keyholder
Hot Topic, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company makes employment decisions based on the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, religious creed, mental and physical disability, pregnancy and related medical conditions, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by State, Federal or local law. Hot Topic, Inc. is committed to a program designed to prevent discrimination or unequal treatment.
Areas of Responsibility
• Acknowledge and greet customers that are within a close (ten-foot) radius or ten seconds of arriving where the associate is working.
• Engage the customer through conversation. Determine the customer’s needs.
• Provide product knowledge to customers through the features, values and benefits of each product.
• Suggestively sell additional items and services that the customer may not have anticipated they will need.
• Handle returns/complaints graciously and effectively.
• Work with associates to achieve Store’s sales plan. Strive to achieve individual sales plan.
• Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive sales.
• Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they expect.
• Correctly handle all register transactions.
Education / Experience Requirements
- A high school education and prior boating and sales experience helpful. Excellent communication skills. Must be able to work a standard workday as set by West Marine. Must be able to lift forty pounds to shoulder height unassisted. Must be proficient in Math and English. Must have the ability to wear and communicate through a headset. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.